SVAI's Mission is to Educate, Explore and Enable Artificial Intelligence and Life Sciences Research + Collaborations.
We're excited to announce SVAI's increased focus on AI / ML in computational biology, genomics, life sciences and healthcare.
We believe that AI / ML applied to these fields holds the greatest potential scientific and medical discoveries of our lifetime. With SVAI, we recognized the huge opportunity to bring together the AI / ML and Life Science scenes to explore research collaborations, start new companies and learn together.
I’m not interested interested in life sciences, is SVAI still the right group for me?
Yes. Our gatherings will continue to continue to include broader areas like new AI research, open source tools, frameworks, social impact, self driving, education, environment and more. But check out section one.
To start 2017 we hosted an event showcasing a broad look at what everyone is working on in the Bay Area #AI scene: 2017 #AI Download. Thank you for everyone who attended, presented and supported the event. You can watch the videos here: Part One, Part Two. We're 1 year into the re-launch of SVAI and it’s been fantastic. This group has regularly brought together amazing people, enabling new collaborations, learning and hiring.
-Pete & Team
Biologists, Life Sciences & Medical Researchers:
How are you using /want to use AI and Machine Learning?
The application of AI/ML in bio, genomics, life sciences, and healthcare is just getting started. Here's whats been happening in the past few months:
- A.I. Versus M.D. What Happens When Diagnosis is Automated? - The New Yorker
- Assisting Pathologists in Detecting Cancer with Deep Learning - Google Research Blog
- Nvidia sees Medicine as the Next Big Market for ML Hardware. - MIT Technology Review
- Freenome Raises $65M in Series A - Medium
- Philips and PathAI Partner on AI for Cancer Pathology Research. - Phillips
- CRV announces Deep Insight BioEngineering program. - Medium
- Deep Learning Does as well as Dermatologists in Identifying Skin Cancer - Stanford News
- Unmet Needs for Analyzing Biological Big Data - Biorxiv
- Supercomputers Are Stocking Next Generation Drug Pipelines - Wired
- Will Artificial Intelligence Help to Crack Biology? - The Economist
- Neural Network Learns to Select Potential Anticancer Drugs - DDD Magazine
- Can Artificial Intelligence Solve the Mystery of Genetic Disease? - University of Toronto
- DeepMind Detects Life-threatening Illness - Evening Standard
- Silicon Valley Computational Drug Startup Takes on Glaucoma. - IEEE Spectrum
- Can Craig Venter Cheat Death? - Fortune
- Sense.ly raises $8 million from investors including the Mayo Clinic - Tech Crunch
- The Genomics Intelligence Revolution - TechCrunch
- Empowering Cancer Treatment With Machine Learning - MIT Technology Review
- Machine Vision Helps Spot New Drug Treatments - MIT Technology Review
- Alphabet’s Health-Tech Company Verily Raises $800 million - Venture Beat
- Microsoft Revs Up Healthcare Artificial Intelligence Projects - Health IT Analytics
- KenSci raises $8.5M to Predict Which Patients Will Get Sick - Geek Wire
- What if New Medications can be Found in Minutes Instead of Years? - TBWA\WorldHealth
- Deep Patient: Predict the Future of Patients from the EHR - Nature
- CZI Acquires an AI Startup for Doctors to Find Research Faster. - INC
- Deep-Learning Approach to Protein Folding - The Economist
- Artificial Intelligence Predicts When Heart Will Fail - BBC
- Artificial Intelligence Could Help Catch Alzheimer's Early - Scientific American
- NLP Processing Unstructured Data in Healthcare - HIT Infrastructure
- Mayo Clinic & the State of Minnesota Investing $6.5bn to Become the Silicon Valley of Medicine - MarketPlace
Deep Learning Research Scientist
Our friends at DeepScale are hiring: "DeepScale is a venture funded startup in Mountain View, CA. Our founders are Deep Learning experts from UC Berkeley with strong academic and industry track records."
SVAI a volunteer led not-for-profit group. Your donations help sustain our activities.